Thursday 5 December 2013

My Journey with the Elizabethans - Assessment Outcomes


The assessment was quite a daunting experience, as it was our first ever assessment of the course and no one really knew what to expect or how it was pan out.  During the first week of assessments, I had my design created on me by my partner Ashleigh.  We had practiced my look previously, however I was still nervous as to how it would turn out on the day.
Having to sit in the chair and not be able to say anything to your partner was really frustrating, as I wanted to be the creator and not the one being created on.  I was a bit anxious as to whether or not Ashleigh would have time at the end to go back and touch up any bits that needed doing, as she took longer on the hair than she had when practicing before.  I think that this was down to nerves though, and she did just have enough time to powder over my face once more.
I was quite pleased with the outcome of Ashleigh's creation of my design and I felt that the assessment was quite successful overall.  The only thing that I might criticise Ashleigh on, is that she didn't initially powder my face well enough, however it turned out alright as she got the chance to go over it again at the end.
Below are some of the final images from the assessment.

 
 


In the second week of assessments, it was my turn to create Ashleigh's design on her.  We had practiced it previously when it had gone to plan, although I was still slightly nervous that something could go wrong during the assessment.
This week, I felt a lot more comfortable, being the one in charge of the creation rather than having to sit and anticipate how it would turn out.  Although this time I had to worry about whether or not I was creating my partner's design to her standards and the way that she wanted me to.  I kept to the allotted times well, and finished the make-up with a few minutes to spare, giving me extra time to go back at the end to touch up any areas that needed it.  Ashleigh's make-up design was fairly simple, yet it took me a while to buff the foundation in properly as the Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation is really think and difficult to get even.
I think that I managed my time well, and that I did a fairly good job with her design.  I was happy with the outcome of my creation of Ashleigh's design and I hope that she was too.
Below are some of the final images from the assessment.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment