Wednesday 20 November 2013

My Journey with the Elizabethans - My Final Design

For my final make-up design, I have decided to go with the deep purple design with the Antique Jewellery lashes.  I have chosen this design, because it is the design that I was most passionate about when creating the face chart.  I also believe that this design has more meaning behind it, whereas the other two were just created because I thought that they looked slightly Elizabethan mixed with contemporary twists.


When trialling my design, I played around with various extra details in the eyebrow and on the lips.  Because I didn't want to block out my eyebrows like they did in the Elizabethan era, I wanted to make them stand out even more.  To do this, I played around with adding a small line of eyeliner either above the eyebrow or below it.
I think that the line underneath the arch of the eyebrow (shown on the left) worked best, as this made the eyebrow seem lifted and appear fuller, making them stand out more, which is what I wanted.
I also played with some of the lip techniques that we learnt in the 'Lip Trip' workshop, and I decided on gradient lip (also shown on the left), using a slightly darker shade of lipstick to outline the lips and make them stand out even more.

Having experimented with my look myself before handing it over to my partner, I could overcome any problems that might have occurred and explained to her how to overcome them as well if she were to face the same problems.

Communicating my design to my partner:
So that my partner, Ashleigh, can create my make-up design in the way that I want her to, I have created a pack for her.  The pack includes my initial face chart of the design, the images displayed above of how I want the outcome to look and a step by step guide of how to create my look.  This is explained below:


Equipment needed:
Kryolan foundation palette
Illamasqua white foundation
Matte primer
Illamasqua cream powder, Laid
Illamasqua powder blusher, Ambition
Illamasqua loose powder
Urban Decay cream eyeliner, Zero
PAPERSELF Antique Jewellery Lashes
Lash glue
Kryolan lip palette, LC010/ LC009
Foundation brush
Buffing brush
Concealer brush
Powder brush
Contouring brush
Highlighting brush
Eye shadow brush
Angled brush
Lip brush


Step by step guide:
- Mix my foundation shade, Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation, White and Illamasqua Matte Primer together
- Apply base to the face, ears and neck, making sure to buff in well
- Apply Illamasqua Cream Blusher, Laid to the cheek bones and blend into the skin to get rid of any harsh lines
- Powder all skin that is covered in foundation heavily to make sure that the make-up sets using a powder brush
- Apply Illamasqua Power Blusher, Ambition on top of the cream blusher and blend in, again to avoid any harsh lines
- Apply Urban Decay Cream Eyeliner, Zero to the top eyelid
- Also apply a thin line of Urban Decay Cream Eyeliner, Zero to the underneath arch of the eyebrows
- Apply Kryolan Lip Palette, LC010 to the whole lips.  Then mix a small amount of LC010 with a scraping of LC009 and apply this darker colour to the outline of the lips, blending it towards the middle of the lip to create an ombre lip effect
- Apply Paperself Antique Jewellery Lashes to upper and lower lash lines, ensuring that the teardrop ends are at the corners of the eye





No comments:

Post a Comment