Sunday 17 November 2013

My Journey with the Elizabethans - My Three Designs

In order to make our designs clear and concise when presenting them to our partners, we created three possible final design face charts.  On these face charts we created our designs using the products that we would use when creating the proper design.  At the side of the design,  I wrote a list of the products that I used and on which area of the face, so that my partner can refer to it and be clear with what she is doing.  Below are my three ideas, all of which would have a pale face created from a mixture of my colour foundation with the Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation, White.

My first face chart  uses quite a neutral palette of colours, with the beige colours on the eyes and darker brown lips.  I have also drawn on the pattern of the Antique Jewellery PAPERSELF Lashes on the eyebrows so that you can see where they would be positioned.
To create this design, I would start of with the white base all over the face, ears and neck.  I would then add colour to the cheeks using Illamasqua Powder Blusher, Disobey.  After that I would create a subtle contoured eye effect  on the eyelids using Sleek Original palette.  I would add a thin line of eyeliner to the eyelids and a touch of mascara before filling in the lips with Kryolan Lip palette, LCP694.  I would finish my look off by sticking the Antique Jewellery Lashes over the eyebrows.
I feel that this design is a good example of a contemporary Elizabethan make-up look, as the base is quite pale and the colour on the cheeks and eyes is also quite subtle.  The contemporary twist in this design is the dark shade on the lips and the fact that it is a  neutral palette being used, as neutral colours weren't used during the Elizabethan era, just pinks and rouges.
I originally created this face chart in response to our 'Lash Deco' workshop, but I really like it and feel that it could work successfully as a contemporary Elizabethan design.  I think that it is an effective design, because it has bot Elizabethan and modern traits within it.  I like the way that I have positioned the PAPERSELF lashes on the eyebrows, as I feel that they look a bit like a crown and they frame the face nicely.

My second face chart  uses more rosey pink colours, with the traditional Elizabethan rosed cheeks and lip.  I have also added a touch of pink eyeshadow in the outer corners of the eyes to carry the colour theme up throughout the face.  I have also drawn on the pattern of the Polka Dot PAPERSELF Lashes on the outer, upper lashes.
To create this design, I would begin by applying the pale foundation base all over the face,  ears and neck being sure to powder it well.  I would then apply Illamasqua Powder Blusher, Tremble to the cheeks.  After that I would apply a small touch of Sleek Original palette, Pink to the outer corners of the eyelids.  I would then add a touch of mascara to the top and bottom lashes, but not too much, before applying the Polka Dot PAPERSELF Lashes on the outer upper lashes.  I would complete the look by adding Kryolan Lip palette, LC008 to the lips.
I feel that this design is a good contemporary Elizabethan look, with a few more Elizabethan details than contemporary, but it could still work.  This look is very Elizabethan with the pale skin and pink cheeks and lips, however I have made it more contemporary by adding the pink to the eyelids and by using the PAPERSELF lashes.
I think that this design is quite effective, because although it is a fairly simple design, there are still detailed elements that makes it more interesting.  For example, the eye area.

My third face chart uses a darker purple palette for the cheeks and lip.  I have decided to not use eyeshadow in this design, just a line of black eyeliner on the eyelid, keeping close to the lash line.  I have also drawn on the pattern of the Antique Jewellery PAPERSELF Lashes in the position that I want them to be on my lash lines.
To create this look, I would begin by applying the pale foundation base all over the face,  ears and neck.  I would then apply Illamasqua Cream Blusher, Laid to the cheeks, powder the face, ears and neck before then applying Illamasqua Powder Blusher, Ambition.  After that I would apply a line of mascara to the eyelids and then I would apply. the Antique Jewellery PAPERSELF Lashes on the upper and lower lashes.  I would complete the look by adding Kryolan Lip palette, LC010 to the lips.
I feel that this design is a good contemporary Elizabethan look, with an equal amount of contemporary and Elizabethan aspects to it.  This look is Elizabethan with the pale skin and areas if the face that are highlighted with colour (the cheeks and lips).  It is contemporary in the fact that I chosen to use deep purple colours to highlight the cheeks and lips and I have made it more modern by having more detail around the eye area.  Also, although purple was not the standard colour to be used to highlight the cheeks and lips during the Elizabethan era, it was a colour that the Elizabethans considered to symbolise royalty, which is why I chose that to be the colour to go on my cheeks and lip.
I think that this design is quite effective because of my meaning behind the look.  I also think that the extra detail in the eye area really adds to the effect of the look.  This is because it makes the eyes bolder, which reflects the bold purple lip, bringing the whole look together.

No comments:

Post a Comment