Monday 4 November 2013

PAPERSELF Workshop

In this week's seminar, we had a 'Lash Deco' workshop with Lara.  In this workshop we were creating one of our colour theory face chart designs on our partners.  PAPERSELF, a paper-art brand for eyelashes were kind enough to supply our workshop with a load to test out and trial with out face chart designs.
I decided to recreate my monochromatic colour theory look.  I did this by applying a base foundation to the face, neck and ears and buffing it in before contouring the face, using Illamasqua Cream Blusher, Libido and buffed away any harsh lines to make it look more natural.  I then powdered the skin so as to set the base make-up and stop any bleeding around the eyes or any creases in the skin.  Then, using the Kryolan Aquacolour palette, I created the eye design, using the two shades of red from the palette.  I used the lighter shade on the inner corners of the eyes, blending it out into the darker shade of red and creating the winged effect.  I then proceeded to filling the lips in with Kryolan Lip palette, LC005, before lining the eyelids with eyeliner and the underneath of the arch of the eyebrow.  Finally, I completed my look by adding the Antique Jewellery lashes to the bottom lash line.
I was happy with the outcome of my look overall and I feel that the PAPERSELF lashes completed my design.  I really liked the brand as well and the many different patterns of lashes that they offered.  I think that I produced my make-up look quite confidently and to a good standard.  Before this workshop I had never really worked with any kind of false eyelashes so it was a new experience for me when it came to applying them.  I struggled to get my head around how to hold the lashes with the tweezers and position them with a steady hand, as I was quite nervous and didn't want to slip and stab my partner in the eye with the tweezers.  However, once I managed to get a steady grip on the lashes with the tweezers, it was quite easy and I have now found a new love for false eyelashes.
I was really inspired by this weeks seminar and I think that I will take into consideration the use of lashes for my final design.

No comments:

Post a Comment