Tuesday 5 November 2013

PAPERSELF Inspired Face Charts

After this week's 'Lash Deco' workshop, we were asked to create two face charts that were inspired by the workshop.  I really enjoyed the workshop, and couldn't wait to get home to get creating some more face charts using some of the ideas that I had seen in the seminar.

For this face chart, I used a neutral colour theme and decided to use the Antique Jewellery Lashes as eyebrows.
To create this look, I would apply a base make-up on my model (refer to post 'BASE APPLICATION & SKIN CORRECTIONS' for how to do this).  I would then add colour to the cheeks using Illamasqua Powder Blusher, Disobey.  After that I would create a subtle contoured eye effect  on the eyelids using Sleek Original palette.  I would add a thin line of eyeliner to the eyelids and a touch of mascara before filling in the lips with Kryolan Lip palette, LCP694.  I would finish my look off by sticking the Antique Jewellery Lashes over the eyebrows, which I think looks quite effective and acts like a crown above the eyes.  I am really pleased with the outcome of this face chart and will consider it when thinking about designing my final face chart for the assessment.

For this face chart I used an analogous colour theme, using pinks and purples.  There wasn't a particular lash design that I was inspired by for this chart, however the positioning of the lash was inspired by the look that I created in the workshop.
To create this look, I would apply a base make-up on my model.  I would then add colour to the cheeks using Illamasqua Powder Blusher, Ambition.  After that I would create a contoured effect on the eyes using the Sleek Storm palette.  I would then add a thin line of eyeliner on the eyelids and some mascara on the top lashes before filling in the lip with Kryolan Lip palette, LC010.  I would finish off my design by sticking the lashes to the outer corners of the bottom lash lines.

I am happy with both of my 'Lash Deco' inspired face chart designs.  I feel that both are interesting, as the positioning of the lashes that I have chosen are not usual positions for false lashes.  I think that both designs could work as a contemporary Elizabethan look if I were to make the base make-up paler than normal.  I think that when creating my final face charts I will definitely use some form of design pattern upon the face, whether it is in the form of PAPERSELF lashes or a stencil from a brand such as Face Lace.

No comments:

Post a Comment