Friday 25 October 2013

Colour Theory Face Charts

After this weeks 'Colour Contour' workshop, we were asked to create four face charts using the colour theories that we learnt in the lesson; complimentary, monochromatic, analogous and neutral.

This face chart uses the idea of a COMPLIMENTARY colour scheme.  A complimentary colour scheme works with two colours that are opposite on the colour wheel.  For this face chart I chose to focus my look around the colours yellow and purple.  This design uses the Sleek Original palette on the eyes to create a contoured eyeshadow.  It also used Illamasqua Powder Blusher, Ambition on the cheeks and Kryolan Lip palette, LC010 on the lips.  This look is completed with a thin line of eyeliner on the eyelid and a small amount of black mascara.
I think that this design works quite well and I like the colours that I have used.  The reason that I chose these colours initially, was because purple and gold were seen to be colours worn by the wealthier Elizabethans of the era.  I think that this design could possibly work as one of my final designs, if I were to make the face paler and possibly even whiten out the eyebrows.

This face chart uses the idea of a MONOCHROMATIC colour scheme.  A monochromatic colour scheme uses the idea of just one colour, but different tints, shades and tones of that colour.  For this face chart I decided to go with the colour red, as it is a colour that really pops and brings out the features nicely.
The products that I used on this chart were; Illamasqua Cream Blusher, Libido on the cheeks, Kryolan Lip palette, LC005 on the lips and the Kryolan Aquacolour palette on the eyes.  I like this design and the way that the brush strokes are quite flicky, but harsh at the same time.

This face chart uses the idea of an ANALOGOUS colour scheme.  An analogous colour scheme works with three colours that are next to each other on the colour wheel.  For this chart, I have chosen to use pinks and reds.
The products that I have used are; Sleek Original palette on the eyes to create a contoured eyeshadow effect, Illamasqua Powder Blusher, Tremble for the cheeks, and Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick, Tantrum.  This look would be completed with a small touch of eyeliner and mascara on the eyes.
I quite like this design, as I didn't think that pink and red would work so well together on the same chart, however the reds that I have used are more pinky anyway so it does work fairly well.

This face chart works with a NEUTRAL colour scheme.  For this look, I have used products such as Sleek  Au Naturel palette for the eyes, Illamasqua PowderBlusher, Disobey on the cheeks and Kryolan Lip palette, LCP694 for the lips.
This look is created through a classic make-up look, with a contoured  eye and face shape and simple filled in lip colour.  I do like this design, however if I'm thinking forward about my final designs, I wouldn't use this one.  This is because I feel that a neutral colour look is more contemporary than Elizabethan.  I could make it more Elizabethan by making the skin paler, however I don't think it would be as effective and it wouldn't make my features pop like other colours could.

My favourite face chart of the four above has to be the monochromatic face chart.  This is because I really like the brush strokes that I have created when applying the make-up, especially the shape of the eye make-up and blush.

No comments:

Post a Comment