Wednesday 2 October 2013

If I could transform myself...

http://www.ellisfaas.com/brand/portfolio/

This make-up styling is interesting because of the way that the eyelashes have been positioned around the eye, instead of on the eyelid where they are supposed to be.  Faas has used silver for the actual eyelashes, which I think looks effective and works well because the eye stands out and is not just lost amongst the other eyelashes.  It is an unusual look and I like the different shades of colours in the false eyelashes that have been used.
I think that this particular look reflects my personality quite well because I would say that I am a colourful person, in both a literal sense and a metaphorical one.  I like colourful things and things that stand out, much like the eyelashes in the picture.  Also I am a happy, lively person that isn’t afraid to try new things and I would describe myself as ‘bold’ because I am quite a brave person, and which is why I chose this piece of styling as it is a bold and colourful look.   In relation to my aspirations, this look reflects them in the way that it is quite different and out there, and when I come to design and style certain looks I aim to try and be a bit more diverse.
If I were to wear this look to an event or destination, I would wear it to a masquerade ball.  This is because that eyelashes around the actual eye work as a mask in themselves as they are masking the part of the face that would be covered by a mask if you were to wear one.
http://www.ellisfaas.com/brand/portfolio/

This piece of make-up and hair styling is quite different from the first look that I chose.  I like it because it is a simpler look but it is still quite effective with the way that the eye shadow has been applied.  Faas has used a darker shade to emphasise the inner corners of the eyes and make them look bigger by fading it out towards the outer corners more.
I think that this look reflects my own make-up traits and the way that I style myself.  This is because although I enjoy bright and whacky things, I do not really show that through my make-up unless it is for a fancy dress or specific event.  The make-up and hair styling in this image is the more classic look that I would normally choose when making myself up before going out.  However when relating the look to my personality, I would say that this is a more reserved look compared to the first one.  This relates to my personality, because I would say that I am quite a reserved person when I first meet other people, and it is only when I get to know someone better that my true character appears.  In relation to my aspirations, this look reflects them as well because I want to get better and the more classic beauty looks and possibly mix them up with a bit of a more out there look as well.
If I were to wear this look to an event or destination, I would wear it on a dinner with Rankin.  This is because it is quite a classic and classy look that would still get you noticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment